For an easy breakfast, snack or dessert, try this protein- and healthy omega-rich pudding that really hits the spot. With cacao, hemp and chia in the pudding and açai and cherry in the nice-cream, not only are your taste buds going to be buzzing, but you’ll be hitting your body up with an all-round array of antioxidants, healthy fats, trace minerals, vitamins and more. Talk about Mother Nature at her best! #plantfoods
1 cup almond milk
½ cup Vitality Trading Co Hemp Seeds
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil
4 tablespoons cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch pink salt
1/3 cup chia seeds
Cherry Açai Nice-Cream:
1 pack Sambazon Unsweetened Açai
1 small banana, frozen
½ cup frozen cherries (or blueberries if you prefer a bolder colour nice-cream)
½ cup almond milk
1 tablespoon Vitality Trading Co Hemp Seeds
1 tablespoon nut butter of your choice
1 tablespoon Cacao nibs
Plus anything else that you fancy – bee pollen, raspberries, finely diced kiwifruit, mango slices, mint slivers, etc.
1. Blend all of the puddings ingredients in a blender, except for the chia seeds. Add these once you have blended everything. Stir to combine.
2. Pour pudding into serving glasses and resist eating it all by the spoonful (or worse drinking it like it’s a smoothie).
3. Refrigerate for 2+ hours to firm up.
4. Once the chia pudding has firmed up, start the nice-cream! Place the açai, banana, cherries and almost all of the almond milk (but not all of it) into a blender and blitz until combined. You may have to scrape down the sides of the blender and you may need to add the rest of your almond milk, but if you do need it, add it slowly – the key to açai is patience!
5. Scoop out the açai with an ice-cream scoop and place on top of the chia puddings. Sprinkle with the toppings that are calling out to you! Serve and eat immediately.