A delicious vegan hot chocolate recipe that's also an elixir for balancing hormones and boosting your mood.
As soon as the temperature drops and rainy days seem never ending, warm, comforting drinks make their delicious way into my kitchen. There is nothing like coming home from a long walk in the rain or from a harsh day at the office and having a cup of hot, creamy hot chocolate to warm and cheer you up.
Vegan, Gluten free, Paleo
- 4 tsp Cacao powder, organic raw
- 5 Dates, dry pitted
- 2 5 cups almond milk
Baking & spices
- 3 tsp Lucuma powder
- 2 tsp Maca powder
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 3 drops Vanilla extract, organic pure
Nuts & seeds
- 4 tsp Chia seeds
- In a medium bowl add the chia seeds and pitted dates, pour over a half of cup almond milk and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Transfer into the blender, alongside with the rest of the ingredients, and process to obtain a smooth liquid.
- Add it into a medium sauce pan and heat until comfortably to drink. Do not bring to boil, because the lucuma and maca nutrients can be destroyed.